Monday, October 7, 2013

Tangerine Balsamic Baby Green Steak Salad

I recently came back from a trip from California with my mom. It was super hot there so we never felt like eating very heavy meals, we ate lots of salads there for dinner. My favourite salad I had one night was Tangerine Steak Salad I knew I had to try to copy the recipe and make it skinny/healthy. I did add some blue cheese in this salad which really makes all the favours come together. I have always loved steak on a salad, it fills you up and you get all your veggies! I have to say this is by far the best salad I have ever, had and it really is super easy to make for those busy weeknights!




Ingredients:
  • baby leaf greens
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed tangerine(any type of orange can be used)
  • 5 tbsp balsamic vinegar 
  • 3 tsp honey
  • 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
  • black pepper
  • 4 tbsp shredded blue cheese
  • dried cranberries
  • 1/2 lb flat skirt steak, cut in strips
1. Combine tangerine, vinegar, honey, dijon and pepper in a small bowl and whisk together(or combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well)
3. Cut steak in strips and season with garlic powder and salt and pepper
2. Heat a large skillet on medium/high heat and add steak cook one side for 6 minute then repeat on other side
3. In a large bowl add salad and toss dressing mixture with the salad
4. Add salad in bowls top with blue cheese, cranberries and steak

No comments:

Post a Comment