Friday, October 11, 2013

Skinny Lowfat Crockpot Beef Stroganoff

The other night I decided I wanted to make something in the crockpot since it's so effortless and easy, stick all the food in, come home and it's ready to eat(plus the house smells amazing). I decided I would try Beef Stroganoff in the crockpot, I was a little hesitant at first but decided to give it a try. I was so amazed how tender the beef turned out, it tasted simply amazing.  I know I will be making this recipe again in the near future! I really cut lots of the fat and calories out of this recipe. It really does not taste healthy at all so enjoy!


Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 lbs lean beef stew meat, cut in 1" cubes
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • 1 clove of garlic, minced 
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
  • 1 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
  • 1 cup fat free sour cream 
  • 1 can of fat free mushroom soup 
  • 1 cup water
1. Place all ingredients in crockpot except sour cream
2. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours 
3. Stir in sour cream and cover and cook for additional 5 minutes until heated through 
4. Serve over hot cooked egg noodles

No comments:

Post a Comment