Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Skinny Chicken Quesadillas

Last week was Mexican food week at my house. I made a Mexican dish almost every night! I guess I am really missing Mexican food ever since we left Mexico 2 weeks ago:( It's probably one of my favourite foods to eat. When I saw this Weight Watchers recipe for Chicken Quesadillas I had to try it, and it really went over and beyond my expectations.




  • 2 cups of skinless chicken breast
  • 1 tbsp of fresh lime juice 
  • 1/4 cumin seeds
  • 1/4 tsp table salt 
  • 8 medium whole wheat tortillas 
  • 1 red pepper(cut in strips)
  • 1 onion
  • 1/2 cup fat-free black bean dip
  • 1/2 cup of low fat cheddar cheese, shredded 
  • cooking spray(I use coconut oil cooking spray)
  • 1/2 cup fat free salsa(i made my own)
  • 1/4 reduced fat sour cream


1. In a bowl combine chicken, lime juice, cumin and salt; toss well to combine
2. In a skillet grill chicken until cooked, once chicken is cool cut in thin strips
3. Using the same skillet add 1 tbsp of oil then add peppers and onions  season with salt and pepper, cook about 5 minutes
4. Place 4 tortillas on a flat surface and spread each one with 2 tablespoons of bean dip then add 2 tablespoons of cheese on each tortilla
5. Add a few strips of chicken on each tortilla then add onions, peppers and salsa
6. Top with other tortilla
7. Coat a large skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat
8. Place tortilla on skillet for about 5 minutes or until brown, flip quesadilla using a plate to cook other side, cook other side for 2 minutes or until brown.
9. Serve with sour cream and enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment