Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Skinny Cheeseburger


Sinking my teeth into a big juicy burger is probably one of my biggest guilty pleasures that I LOVE to eat whenever I want to have a cheat day. I made this casserole that almost tastes just like a cheeseburger but so much more healthier! I have made this several times and it's always a hit. I would have to say it's one of my favourite dishes to make and it does not taste healthy which is the best part of this recipe!




Ingredients:

    • 2 tsp oil
    • 2 cups onion, chopped
    • 2 garlic cloves, chopped
    • 1 lb extra lean ground beef
    • 3/4 tsp salt
    • 1/2 black pepper
    • 2 tbsp tomato paste 
    • 28 oz diced tomatoes
    • 2 tbsp dijon mustard 
    • 2 cups low fat grated cheddar cheese
    • 1/4 chopped dill pickles



1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9x3 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
2. In a large pot of boiling water cook pasta according to package directions, once finished then drain well
3. In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat(I use coconut oil)
4. Add onions and cook until soft then add in garlic and cook for about 30 seconds
5. Stir in the beef and cook until browned, season with salt and pepper
6. Stir in tomato paste then add tomatoes and dijon mustard
7. Let mixture sit on medium heat until thickened about 5 minutes
8. Toss the meat mixture with the pasta and spread in the baking dish
9. Top with cheese and bake for about 15 minutes
10. Add the chopped pickles on top and serve

No comments:

Post a Comment