Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Whole Wheat Blueberry Muffins

This season I did lots of blueberry picking, I got really addicted to picking blueberries. There is nothing better then mixing fresh picked blueberries in with all your baking. So I whipped up my favourite blueberry muffin recipe. These muffins are truly amazing! I eat one in the morning for breakfast then after dinner for a treat to satisfy my sweet tooth. If you are on WW each muffin is 4 points. I usually make about 2 batches which usually makes 24 muffins, then I freeze half of them or give them away to family and friends.

The recipe is so simple to make it usually only takes me about 5 minutes to prepare everything then just throw them in the oven and are ready to eat!

You can also make this recipe vegan by replacing the milk with almond milk and the egg with half a banana.

Here is a picture from when we went to pick our own organic blueberries! Like I said I am addicted to blueberries even better yet fresh picked blueberries! 



Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 1/3 cup skim milk
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce 
  • 2 cups fresh blueberries
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees
2. Grease 12 muffin cups, or line with paper liners
3. In a large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder
4. In a separate bowl whisk together the oil, egg, milk and applesauce until smooth
5. Stir the liquid ingredients into the flour mixture, and gently fold in blueberries
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups, filling them 2/3 full
7. Bake muffins for 20 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean

No comments:

Post a Comment