Thursday, May 30, 2013

Skinny Banana Chocolate Muffins

I was on the lookout for a good healthy banana recipe that included applesauce. I LOVE banana bread, so I know I would love some fresh basked banana muffins. I came across this recipe that I tweaked a bit. Baking with unsweetened applesauce is great, it makes all muffins, cupcakes and cakes so moist yet so healthy! I added a few chocolate chips in these muffins(you don't have to add the chocolate chips), I was just craving something sweet. I love baking healthy muffins so I can have one on the run in the morning or a light treat after dinner without feeling guilty. Each muffin is about 3 weight watchers points if you are on weight watchers program. You can double the recipe and freeze some for later as well! Each muffin is about 116 calories without the chocolate chips:)


Ingredients:

  • 1 3/4 cups flour
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon 
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 bananas, mashed
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips



1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. Spray a 12 cup muffin pan with baking spray(don't use muffin cups)
3. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl mix well
4. In a separate bowl mix together eggs, bananas and applesauce
5. Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix well
6. Pour into muffin pan and bake for 20-25 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment