Friday, May 10, 2013

Low Fat Chicken Fajitas


I made these last week for my boyfriend, I did not tell him they were low fat until he finished 3 of them and he had no idea:). I had one fajita and it filled me right up!





Ingredients:

  • 1 garlic glove, diced
  • 1 tsp chili powder
  • 2 tbsp of fresh lime juice
  • 1/8 tsp salt
  • 1/8 tsp black pepper
  • 1 pound of chicken breasts 
  • cooking spray(I use coconut spray)
  • 1  medium uncooked red onion
  • 1 red pepper
  • 1 tsp of oil(I use coconut oil)
  • 2 cups of low fat salsa(I make my own fresh Pico De Gallo)
  • low fat shredded cheese
  • low fat sour cream

1. In a medium sized bowl, combine garlic, chili powder, lime juice, salt and pepper and chicken breasts, stir well to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
2.Coat a large, heavy-bottomed nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat for 30 seconds. Add onion and peppers, and cook, stirring frequently, until tender, about 5 minutes; spoon vegetables into a small serving bowl and cover to keep warm.
3. Add oil to same skillet; heat over medium-high heat. Add chicken and any marinade remaining in bowl. Cook chicken until well-browned on bottom, about 2 minutes; flip chicken and cook until browned on second side, about 3 minutes more. If chicken is not cooked through, reduce heat to low and cook and additional 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Once chicken is cooked let cool for 3 minutes then cut into thin slices
5. To serve, place 3 chicken strips on each tortilla; top with about 1/2 cup of vegetables and 1/2 cup of salsa.
6. You can finish off with some low fat shredded cheese and low fat sour cream 



No comments:

Post a Comment